Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Roasted Jalapeno and Lime Salsa

As a salsa-snob on a budget I could easily go broke if I didn't ration my salsa intake since I only like buying the fresh fancy stuff. So using a classic student solution, I made it myself...with great success. This will be a repeat recipe for sure!

Ingredients:

5 tomatoes
1 fresh jalapeno
1/3 cup diced red onion
2 cloves of garlic
1tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp tomato paste
Juice from 1 lime
cumin
cayenne
salt and pepper



1. Dice tomatoes, garlic, jalapenos and onion and spread on pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt.

2. Roast at 400C for about 20-30min.

3. Stir in tomato paste, lime juice, cumin, cayenne and s&p. Taste-test, season until you're happy.

* Next time I would add lime zest for a stronger flavour.


A.

No comments:

Post a Comment